Upon further thought, I decided to change these posts to 10 Things Learned AND Completed for each month. It is helpful to record the things I learn as well as complete each month. I want to see and achieve consistency in those things I am pursuing.
1. Due to the generosity of a friend, I was able to begin making, using, and eating my own milk kefir at home and have been very consistent in continuing my current batch of kefir grains throughout the past two and a half weeks! For breakfast, I mix it in with homemade applesauce and granola because it is a little bitter.
2. I learned how to make viili yogurt, which doesn't require a yogurt machine. Much more simple!
3. I began learning to pickle/ferment green beans and carrots. I will soon find out if they turned out well!
4. I managed to go through piles of paperwork from my college years, things saved over time, sheet music, projects, etc. Nothing is more refreshing than getting rid of accumulating papers and items! Now, everything fits on the bottom of my bookcase and gives me much easier access to my files.
5. I discovered my love for beets (yes, the root vegetable! ha) and learned about their tremendous health benefits. They aid in the detoxification of the body, rich in nutrients, and are incredibly beneficial for hormonal/women's health. I love to eat them raw and shredded (in a food processor), drizzle with lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and feta cheese.
6. Patience in every area of my life. Still haven't searched out how far-reaching this virtue is needed in my life.
7. I completed reading two books last month (one was new, the other I had read before), which is something I want to continue doing throughout the year. Goodreads has been helpful and motivating for me to remain focused on my reading goals. My Goodreads account is here.
8. I tried a few recipes from my Pinterest board here. My husband was pleased with my creations and I do love savoring new meals!
9. I filled out applications for two local organic food stores near here. I am crossing my fingers! I love the environment and vision of both shops.
10. I began to develop more of a consistency with my yoga routine and daily walks. This is a tremendous step for me and I want to keep up with it! My lifestyle is sedentary and I believe that many of my ailments are due to this inactivity.